Saturday, September 13, 2008

Boring

That's what I am- very boring. Haven't been up to much. Last weekend was two days of convincing sheep to go where I wanted them *without* a dog which seemed a bit counter-intuitive since we (the humans) were getting them prepped for dogs to move them around. Oh, sorry, I should mention that I was volunteering as a stock handler for a herding trial. I didn't enter Buck in this one because I wanted the break from getting all tied up in knots worrying about getting everything right. It worked out, though, because Buck ended up pulling a muscle in his left front 'wrist' on Thursday night, so it would have been money wasted. He's fine now.

When I was walking Buck before leaving Saturday morning, it was raining in Anchorage still, but the sun was coming up over the Chugach range and made for a really pretty double rainbow over the Cook Inlet. The two pictures I got are below- you can click on them for a larger size.

We're already into our Fall weather and the trees have started changing. It's right around 50 all day, but not getting much below 47 at night. Very comfortable weather other than the constant rain. I'm still hoping it dries up a bit and the sun makes an appearance for a couple weekends before the snow gets started. It was supposed to rain all day today (80% chance), but then it barely sprinkled, so I'm planning on going out hiking with Buck tomorrow. They're still calling for rain, but the percentage was less than it was supposed to be for today, so I'm holding out hope.

ONe of the (many) nice things about this cooler weather is that it's good soup weather. It's also pretty conducive weather for baking a pork roast for four or five hours in order to make some pulled pork, so that's what I'm doing right now. It smells great and the aroma has been taunting me all evening, especially since all I got for supper was a sandwich since the over was occupied.

Anyway, just thought I'd check in. With any luck, I'll have some nice pictures of my hike to put up tomorrow night to make this space a little more interesting.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not boring--sometimes you just need a change of pace. And, besides, it's the 18th and you already have two posts. Woohoo!!
A.S.