Sunday, March 16, 2008

Busy weekend

Well, I finally got some things accomplished around the apartment. I had to force myself to suck it up and stop procrastinating. It was pretty much a weekend of nothing but lots of work and not much fun, but I got nearly everything done I wanted to, so now I can veg out with less guilt. Heh! 

Here are some pictures of what my nearly completed living/dining room looks like. Still have to figure out what to do with the huge mirrors, but at least they're behind me when I sit on the couch so they don't bug me too much.

Buck and I went for about a six mile walk on the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail which runs in front of our place. It was pretty grey that day as it has been about half the time I've been here, but here are some pictures of that.

I got to see McKinley the other day when Buck and I walked down to the water. That's about 200 miles away as the crow (well, raven up here) flies, so that gives you some idea of how huge it is. I didn't get a picture of it- even the days it's been sunny, it always seems to cloud up on the horizon around sunset when I'm thinking about taking pictures. Those same clouds tend to stick around at night, so I haven't been able to see the Northern Lights from here yet (Hi, Ro! Click this to see the pic of me in front of the Aurora two years ago when I went up to Fairbanks). They haven't been super active which I think is going to be necessary for me to see them with all the city light pollution. Maybe we'll be able to see them when we drive an hour north and out of the city for Buck's herding classes. I'll be taking my camera for that, so maybe there'll be a night when the lights are active early in the night.

And just for fun here's a couple cute pics of Buck and one of Buck and Pandora watching the birds from the bedroom windows. We've seen ravens, bohemian waxwings, magpies and black-capped chickadees so far. I think we'll get more as the weather warms up.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww--cute pictures. Does Buck wear his booties? What is the "hole" in one of your pictures? Is that the Inlet or a pothole?
A.S