Monday, March 24, 2008

Wrap up to Buck's birthday weekend

Buck turned a year old on Saturday, so we went to the Alaska Mill and Feed and he got to pick out a few new toys and some treats. After he made his selections, we went to a park by a lake (still frozen, of course) and hiked around a bit. It was an off leash area and there weren't any roads too close, so he got to run around. He did a good job coming when called the first time and he didn't get too far ahead of me too often. When I stopped, he knew that meant he needed to come to me without me calling. We've been working on that on our walks.

While we were out there, he cut one of his back feet open. I think he'd been having trouble with that foot before. Since it was bleeding pretty badly, we cut the hike short and came back home. He wasn't a fan of the bandage I put on and made short work of tearing his bootie and the bandage off when I wasn't looking. I gave up and just put his bootie on when we went outside so he wouldn't get the cut infected. It hasn't bled again since, so hopefully it's healing fast.

He had a good time eating his tasty dried sweet potato treats and his bully sticks. He's already managed to break the noise maker in one of his new toys, but I'm not minding that at all. I wonder if they made it poorly on purpose? He chose a fox that looks like it's just nothing but 'skin' and he loves to shake it to death. It's very funny. I named it Mulder and if you are geeky enough, you'll get that reference.

I've been working on making a video of a bunch of clips I've taken of him being goofy in the last ten months or so. It's not the best since most of the video was taken using my digital camera before I got a camcorder. I set it to The Underdog by Spoon- currently one of my favorite songs that I think fits Buck's energy level. Plus, he's a bit small, so folks tend to underestimate him. Heh! Here it is for your viewing pleasure.

No comments: