Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Whoo! More snow!

I know it's practically Spring down where most of you folks are, but we just got a few inches of fresh snow last night and today. It's very pretty and a nice change after all the melting that's been going on the last couple of weeks. The snow banks on the sides of the road have been all dirty and all the places where folks let their dogs do their business and didn't clean up are showing up all over the place. So, a few more inches is like a new coat of paint. Heh! It'll only last a while, I'm sure, but it makes for a brief respite from the mess.

It was snowing last night when Buck and I went out, and wet snow for a massive change, so we got big clumpy flakes. So big that they were super loud hitting my coat and the ground and such. If you haven't done this in a while (or ever), I highly recommend standing very near a street light when the snow is coming down in big flakes. When you look up at the light, it's like 'Snow 3D!' or like standing in a snow globe or something. Very cool. The street light also made the flakes cast shadows and Buck was pouncing on the shadows trying to catch them. So funny! Then, he started snapping at and catching the flakes as they came down. I really wish I would have taken my camera out with me. I need to just start leaving it in my coat pocket.

No comments: