Monday, April 21, 2008

License plate winner

And the winner was (between this blog's poll and my other geeks-only blog's poll)....

The blue mountains plate!

It'll look like this:



Apparently there are at least two other Auburn Tiger fans in Alaska because both 'AUTIGR' and 'AUT1GR' were taken.

In other news, I think I pushed myself too hard after having pneumonia and a cold and now the cold has come back in full force. Or who knows, maybe it's a new cold. Regardless, I hate it and wish it to die soon. Ugh.

Buck and I went out to the dog park on mini-hikes both days this weekend. The snow is melting quickly with our temps in the 40s and 50s and everything is a mix of slush and sludge, heavy on the sludge. Which means Buck got a bath two days in a row and will probably get another half bath (where I just wash the underside of him- though he hates it just as much) on Wednesday after herding class. Poor guy. He smells really nice though. Heh! I do use an oatmeal shampoo so that his skin doesn't get dried out. I may have to start using conditioner too if the ground doesn't dry up soon.

The sun sets at 9:30pm already and everything is melting enough that it creates a haze over everything. I haven't been able to see the mountains across the Inlet in about a week. Here's hoping break-up finishes up by May and we get some nice Spring weather.

No comments: