Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring was when again?

March 21st, right? First day of Spring? Yeah, not so much:

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ANCHORAGE HAS ISSUED A SNOW ADVISORY... WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM ADT SATURDAY.

A COLD FRONT HAS STALLED OVER SOUTH CENTRAL ALASKA AND IS PRODUCING THE NECESSARY CONDITIONS FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL OVER THE ANCHORAGE AREA. BETWEEN 3 AND 4 INCHES OF SNOW HAS FALLEN OVER THE ANCHORAGE AREA SINCE THIS MORNING AND SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED TO PERSIST INTO SATURDAY MORNING. TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 5 TO 8 INCHES IN TOWN TO 8 TO 12 INCHES AT HIGHER ELEVATIONS.

*sigh* I'd love to see what that groundhog would do if he lived up here. Did I mention that I took the snow tires off my truck already? It's the law to take them off by April 30th. That's not working out well for a lot of people this year. Hopefully, they'll realize that most folks have taken them off and the roads will be kept pretty clear. Oh, well. At least Buck won't need to get the mud hosed off him every time we go outside this weekend.

Now, next week when it gets warm and it all melts again- that's another story.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't ask for snow for my birthday, so I'm not real sure what's going on. Heh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, that sucks. You have earned spring and you should get it!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! that is great! Notice the difference of opinion between two who are close in age!!!

Have fun and drive safely if necessary.

A.S.